No adventure is a good one without a hint of fear in the beginning. Without a sense of danger, a bit of risk our lives would be quite…dull. I’ve spent the past couple of days alone-in a complete paradise. Endless mountains encompass my view, numerous of different species of trees sway in the tropical breeze. The serenity of the rainfall I just witnessed left me without words, just complete awe. Anyway, all this alone time has definitely got me writing, and reflecting on things that I generally don’t have time for in the city. I am completely alone in this beautiful house in the mountains, with all my more-than-basic necessities covered. The only people here are the ones that cook, clean and take care of the house… I basically have my own maid, named Nelly tending to my every “need”. Nelly’s actually making me a steak as I type. (I feel pretty spoiled, but hey, if the services are available use them right..) I was really feeling the need to get out an experience some small town livin’ in a town called Jarabacoa. So I made up some lame story about how I needed to go to the pharmacy and pick of some…of all things…hair mousse ( I could have said Tylenol, but that’s expensive over here) So, the maid set it all up, this guy that worked next door, named “Luisito” would come pick me up in a motorcycle and drive me to the closest town. I grabbed my camera and pesos, Luisito was outside waiting for me, told me to get on and hold on tight. And what a ride it was, open road, mountains, and booths on the side of the street with families selling fresh tropical fruit. Nelly made me the most delicious fruit salad yesterday; I ate it by the pool while working on my tan. One of those moments in life you wish would never end, and wish someone was there to experience it with you. So this motorcycle ride was epic, of course I had a bit of fear at first, driving away with an unknown man, to an unknown place. But hey, as I began this entry, the best adventures commence with a bit of fear and hesitation.
Saturday
fear
No adventure is a good one without a hint of fear in the beginning. Without a sense of danger, a bit of risk our lives would be quite…dull. I’ve spent the past couple of days alone-in a complete paradise. Endless mountains encompass my view, numerous of different species of trees sway in the tropical breeze. The serenity of the rainfall I just witnessed left me without words, just complete awe. Anyway, all this alone time has definitely got me writing, and reflecting on things that I generally don’t have time for in the city. I am completely alone in this beautiful house in the mountains, with all my more-than-basic necessities covered. The only people here are the ones that cook, clean and take care of the house… I basically have my own maid, named Nelly tending to my every “need”. Nelly’s actually making me a steak as I type. (I feel pretty spoiled, but hey, if the services are available use them right..) I was really feeling the need to get out an experience some small town livin’ in a town called Jarabacoa. So I made up some lame story about how I needed to go to the pharmacy and pick of some…of all things…hair mousse ( I could have said Tylenol, but that’s expensive over here) So, the maid set it all up, this guy that worked next door, named “Luisito” would come pick me up in a motorcycle and drive me to the closest town. I grabbed my camera and pesos, Luisito was outside waiting for me, told me to get on and hold on tight. And what a ride it was, open road, mountains, and booths on the side of the street with families selling fresh tropical fruit. Nelly made me the most delicious fruit salad yesterday; I ate it by the pool while working on my tan. One of those moments in life you wish would never end, and wish someone was there to experience it with you. So this motorcycle ride was epic, of course I had a bit of fear at first, driving away with an unknown man, to an unknown place. But hey, as I began this entry, the best adventures commence with a bit of fear and hesitation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment