Sunday

Old and Gray

I don’t want to wake up one day, old and gray, asking myself, was it worth it? Was it worth it omitting what I actually felt, hiding it from myself, distracting myself from my actual desires to useless “normative” fillers to my life?

I don’t want to wake up one day, old and gray, asking myself, are you happy? Are you happy with all the decisions you’ve made that have led up to what your life looks like now?

I don’t want to wake up one day, old and gray, asking myself, are you free? Are you free from all bondage that once tied you down, forcing you to accept, forcing you to deny reality, distorting your vision?

I don’t want to wake up one day, old and gray, asking myself, did you love? Did you sacrifice your own happiness for someone else’s and in turn received that happiness from the act of self sacrifice?

I don’t want to wake up one day, old and gray, not wanting to wake up. Not asking, not living, stuck in the inescapable realm of my insatiable dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment