Sunday

On feelings.

Is everything determined by what we say or do, or is it the feeling behind it. The love, the anger, the humility whatever we do, there is a certain emotion backing it up. So it isn’t what we say, its what we feel when we say it. It could be the most simple of phrases, “I like your jeans”, could really mean, wow I’m so attracted to you.... Or it could simply mean, I like your jeans. Nonetheless, people tend to be so censored these days, especially in my city, it is as if showing emotion is disregarded. Im a victim of this aswell although my face usually mirrors my emotion. But in terms of the things I say, I rarely say what I truly want to say. I’m not saying everyone is like this, I often come across the sweetheart who voices out his thoughts, or the asshole in that sense. Yes, we need to control what we say, but to a certain extent. What we say reflects who we are, its not a matter of coming u with an extravagantly structured grammatically correct phrase. It’s a matter of voicing out what you feel.
For example, these are the same;

“I really need someone like you” (simple, direct, straightforward)
Or
“Maybe we should do something sometime” (so indirect, ambiguous, confusing)

Im not saying that this is the case at all times, but it generally is. So does it matter whether we say one or the other, if the only thing that matters is the feeling behind it? Well, yes, because one can evoke a feeling better than the other. We have an extensive vocabulary for a reason. Otherwise phrases would simply consist of, “ I hungry, get food” Or something of the sort. So, say what you FEEL, and use words to describe those precious feelings . Sometimes we need to hold back of course. There are inappropriate situations, moments, and just times for voicing out your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment